find3Dmin.py A script which draws 3D contour plot of E vs. latticeparams and show the minimum datapoint using the optimize_latticeparam.py’s output, is added.
optimize_latticeparam.py now can work for both lattice params a and c. Also draws 3D fig of Energy dependent latt_a - latt_c.
quickoptimize.py works like
gpawsolve.py now. Its name is now
- New default optimizer is QuasiNewton (BFGSLineSearch).
- New keyword
Optimizer. Users can now choose QuasiNewton, GPMin, LFBGS or FIRE minimizer for geometry optimization.
gg.py includes all new keywords.
- Grid point density or manual grid points for axis (LCAO only).
- Include new keywords for LBFGS geometry optimization
Geo_optim keyword for better optimization usage with filters (whichstrain).
- Examples are simplified. Most of the unnecessary keywords are removed.
- Proper logging for LCAO ground state calculations
- Fix LCAO spinpol calculation (Thanks to Toma Susi).
- Include new keyword
- Fix help description text width problem.
- Execution timing data of all calculations are saved to
- Instead of direct execution, all tasks are added to task-spooler queue in
- Successful HSE03, HSE06 calculations for ground state, DOS and band structure.
- New example for HSE06 calculations:
- Colorize errors, warnings and information output with ANSI codes.
- Proper error handling for restart mode “file not found” error.
- New keyword
Fix_symmetry added to
gg.py for preserving the spacegroup symmetry during optimisation.
- Small changes in the
- No need to import ASE object inside optimization scripts. Optimizations are working with CIF files only.
gpawsolve.py now prints previous and final spacegroup information and usable special points information for band structure calculations.
-v argument now shows version information of gpaw-tools, and used GPAW, and ASE. It gives more choice for possible tarball and zipball packages. Also, it does not give an error in case of no internet connection available.
- 3 new keywords
Occupation are added to
gg.py and examples.
do_all_examples.sh Bash script.
- Optimization scripts do not need ASE object insertation. They can run with using CIF file as an argument.
- RawPDOS, which gives PDOS over orbitals, is added.
- For band calculations, result file in JSON format is added. This file can be opened with
ase band-structure command.
- New optimization script
optimize_kptsdensity.py for k-point density optimization instead of k-point number optimization.
xc_used in parameters list.
- Naming of some of the output files are fixed.
- Bethe-Salpeter Equation (BSE) solution is added to optical calculations.
- 7 new keywords are added for BSE calculations.
Si-2atoms-optical example is now running for both RPA and BSE. Previously, its calculation has 2 steps , now 3 steps.
- CONTRIBUTING and CODE_OF_CONDUCT information is added.
- Fix: Show atom numbers starting from 1 not 0.
- New calculation: with
Elastic_calc=True, Equation of State and elastic tensor values will be calculated.
Elastic_calc is added to
- A new example about elastic calculations is added.
- Many comments added to
gg.py for better understanding the code.
DOS_width variables are added for number of points and smearing value, respectively.
- Saving PNG versions of band structure and DOS even in -d argument is not used.
shrinkgpw.pycommand for extracting wavefunctions from huge gpw files and save with a different name.
- New benchmarks were added.
- EXX mode is renamed as PW-EXX.
- Default values of variables are changed.
- Previous -i (input) argument is changed as -g (geometry). It is more logical, because it is used for geometry.
- Previous -c (config) argument is changed as -i (input). It is more general, convenient and understandable.
gg.py can now work with just enough number of variables. Previously, it must see all variables.
kpts_density is added.
- Units used in cube file are changed for Bader analysis.
- There is no general config file anymore.
- Small bugfixes.
- PDOS calculations.
- PW mode can use GLLB-SC xc now.
optimize_kpoints.py can use CIF, XYZ, etc… files as input file. No need to include the ASE object inside these scripts anymore.
- The nbands parameter is changed in PW mode.
- In GW calculations, calculation could not be done because of interpolation in drawing the figure when the data did not have a minimum of 3 points. Now there is a variable to use interpolation or not.
- In GW calculations,
gpawsolve.py can write quasiparticle energies to a file separately.
- DFT+U calculation ability is added for PW and LCAO modes.
gg.py is better now. It is compatible with new arguments and removed variables. It can run in any directory and handling of
GWtruncation variables are correct now.
- A new argument ‘-d’ is added. This argument makes script draw the DOS and band calculation results. In the past, it was a varible in the config file.
WantedCIFexport variable is removed.
- A new argument ‘-r’ is added. This argument makes script pass the ground state calculations and continue with the next calculation.
- An important bug made it impossible to work with existing examples with
gg.py. It is now resolved.
- 5 different examples are added to show simply different usage cases.
- Initializing magnetic moment problem is solved.
- Version argument is added.
- GW parameters are also added to
- Add some optical parameters to config files and
- Major change:
gg.py are now working as commands. Config files can be used as general input files, you can put ASE Atom object plus every parameter that
gpawsolve.py accepts. If you want, you can provide a CIF file instead of using an atom object. You can run
gg.py from any folder.
- Optical: Refractive index, extinction index, absorption, and reflectivity calculations.
gg.py is now opening ase gui when the user clicks the structure image.
- New argument parsing scheme for better future usages.
- Very basic PW-EXX mode with HSE06 and PBE06. (Only some ground-state calculations.)
- Adding GW0 and G0W0-GW0 selector.
- Adding GW approximation to
gpawsolve.py (only bands).
- Many other small corrections.
- Many code quality and folder structure improvements.
- Comment additions to code.
- Better README.md.
gg.py which is a GUI for gpaw-tools is added to project. It can do all
gpawsolve.py’s features in a graphical way!
gpawsolve.py can be run solely as a command now (This is needed for a GUI project).
- All three scripts
PW-Optical-SingleCoreOnly.py scripts becomes a single for-all-case script:
PW-Electronic-changename.py script becomes
- Spin-polarized results in
- All-electron density calculations in
- CIF Export in
- Better parallel computation.
- Several XCs available for PW.
- Strain minimization in PW only.
- BFGS to LBFGS, Small many changes have been done.
PW-Optical-SingleCoreOnly.py script for optical calculations.
PW-Electronic-changename.py script for electronic calculations.
- First scripts for personal usage.